Monday, January 23, 2017

January 2017 update

This is to update you all on my current projects -

The Plympton Animation School is moving along well - we have some very talented students in the live class, and they have some great ideas for short films.  A lot of people are taking the same course over the internet, and I'm very excited about seeing their finished projects in a few weeks.  I hope we can put them all together on a DVD. 

I'm also now finishing my next Simpsons couch gag, which is called "The Artiste".  I think it's one of the funniest I've done, it's very crazy. 

We're waiting to hear from a couple of prominent film festivals right now that are close to announcing their schedules, I can't really say which ones - but we're hoping that one or two of them will select "Revengeance", and then we can announce the U.S. festival premiere.  Please stay tuned!  

Once my office manager has finished doing some year-end accounting for 2016, he's going to concentrate on getting some of the Kickstarter rewards from the "Revengeance" campaign sent out.  I know, we said we'd get things sent out in December 2016, but after the art sale and setting up the animation classes, we're running a little late. We're trying to catch up.

And then, Jim Lujan and I are working together on a script for a new feature film, called "Slide".  It's about a mythical country-western singer who travels the land, saving good people from bad people - and it takes place in a beautiful forest that hearkens back to my childhood.  I think it's going to be a very funny and crazy film, as usual.  I'll show you some of the concept art here -

I hope you'll like it! 

Bill P.


No comments:

Post a Comment