Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Django Unchained

 
OK, I admit it, I'm a total Quentin Tarantino groupie. “Pulp Fiction”, “Kill Bill” and “Reservoir Dogs” are some of the greatest films ever made.

So, I've just seen his new, much-awaited feature “Django Unchained”, and I think it ranks up there with his best. 

It's the story of a slave who searches for his long-lost wife through the pre-Civil War racist plantations of the South. That story in itself is very powerful – but what Quentin does with the characters is what's so amazing. The wacky killings, strange costumes, offbeat music and bizarre set pieces are what makes this film special. 

One of my favorites is the big lynching scene, featuring a forerunner of the Ku Klux Klan, where the whole group complains about their eyeholes in their sheets being impossible to see out of.
The film is brutal, profane and completely original – and at 2 ½ hours, it seemed to fly along at a quick pace.

I give “Django Unchained” an “A+”.

2 comments:

  1. Very excited to see this one bill, thanks for the review. also very excited for cheatin!!! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more with you Bill. Amazing movie.

    ReplyDelete