Thursday, October 14, 2010

Charlie White.. Photographer.


My colleague Thomas just illuminated me with this epic photographer, Charlie White, and his series "understanding Joshua", and I've been studying him all morning now. Apparently.. obviously I suppose.. Charlie White puts his persona into these sexually disturbing situations.. a mildly disgusting puppet.. for which we all can express a level of sympathy for, but for unsure reasons (we're too busy dealing with the grotesque). I think we all feel like that puppet sometimes, but don't want to admit it. On another note, Charlie is an expat from New York City.. like myself, another thing I relate to. great interview here from the PBS show Egg.

2 comments:

  1. A challenger appears:

    http://cheezpictureisunrelated.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/wtf-photos-videos-and-i-just-took-a-fraidy-pee.jpg

    ReplyDelete