Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ready for Guard Dog Global Jam?


The clock is ticking, sports fans. The deadline is fast approaching. We're nearing the D-Day for submission to Guard Dog Global Jam.

Just to remind people who aren't aware of what I'm talking about: On September 1st at noon EST – and not one second sooner-- we'll throw open our Plymptoons site to accept applications from around the world for artists who want to create a short shot for “Guard Dog Global Jam”.

This is a very exciting experiment for me-- to totally recreate my Oscar nominated short, as seen through the eyes of other artists.

I'm very anxious to see the dog as other people see him, especially in a wide range of styles-- drawn, CG, stop motion, claymation, etc.

In fact, it's very similar to having someone do your portrait; you get to see yourself through others' eyes. Well, the Dog is an extension of myself, so it's close to how I see myself.

The final result could be a total disaster, or it could be a totally amazing experience. Who knows how it will look, but whatever it is, it will be different.

So everybody out there who ever wanted to be in a Bill Plympton film, now's your chance to sign up on September 1st at noon! Time's a-wasting, only 7 more days, tick, tick, tick.


No comments:

Post a Comment